If you are looking for more functionality and structural testing of your prototypes we can now produce your prototypes in a range of materials to match the material specifications of your fully manufactured part. Having your prototype CNC in a range of material can often work out cheaper than an SLA or 3D Printed prototype.
In order for us to quote and produce your prototype we require either an IGES, STEP or X_T file.
3D Prototyping have a range of materials available including:
- ABS: Widely used for functional applications. Surfaces can be metalised, chromed and vacuum metalised or painted.
- PMMA: Recommend for clear visual components. Surfaces can be dyed, plated, painted and silk screen printed.
- Polypropylene (PP): Flexible material, ideally suited to impact tests.
- Polycarbonate (PC): Has excellent strength, flexibility and transparency. Often used for lens/glass applications.
- Nylon 6 and Nylon 66: Has good tensile strength and flexibility.
- Glass filled Nylon: (GF 15%) for high strength in load testing.
Are you thinking that you are requiring a different material? Or perhaps not sure what material is best for your application? Call us to discuss, our technical team will be happy to assist.
Contact our technical sales team on 07 3262 9283 for further information or 'click here' to request a quote.
FAQ - have a question, it might just be listed on our FAQ page.